UK news

Racist England fan abuses Saka, Rashford and Sancho in video after Euro 2020

A racist has posted a shocking video online after England’s loss to Italy – in which he called players “w***” and “c****”.

The man, who has not been named, uploaded the horrific clip in the aftermath of the Three Lions’ heart-breaking defeat on Sunday.

Stars Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho and Bukayo Saka have all come in for online attacks after missing penalties in the shoot-out.

The hateful footage – which has been widely shared on social media – shows a man in an England shirt and with his face painted with a St George’s cross.

He begins speaking to the camera – before unleashing of volley of bigoted abuse.

Do you know who the man is? Email [email protected]

The man can be seen in an England shirt and with a St George’s cross painted on his face

“Three lions on a shirt, right? How many times have we seen England players – w*** – take penalties for us and f*** it up?,” he said.

“Three f***** lions? Three f****** c**** f***** it for us.”

He ends the video by screaming into the lens before switching the camera off.

The video has attracted thousands of comments online, with the vast majority slamming his behaviour.

And Kent Police confirmed on Wednesday that officers had arrested a man the day before in Folkestone over an alleged malicious communications offence.

Chief Superintendent Warren Franklin said: “On the afternoon of Tuesday 13 July 2021 Kent Police received a referral from the national policing lead for Euro 2020 relating to an offensive video that had been posted on social media.

England Manager Gareth Southgate sends on Marcus Rashford and Jude Bellingham
Czech Republic v England, UEFA European Championship 2020, Group D, Football, Wembley Stadium, London, UK - 22 June 2021
England stars have been targeted with abuse after losing the final

“Later that day officers attended an address in Folkestone and arrested a 49-year-old man on suspicion of a malicious communications offence.

“He was interviewed in custody and has since been released pending further evaluation of the case by the Crown Prosecution Service.

“Kent Police will continue to keep the national policing lead updated and will respond accordingly to any other similar incidents that may be reported to us.”

Fans, the Government and other athletes have rallied around the Three Lions after several players were targeted with abuse after the Euro 2020 final.

Manager Gareth Southgate described the racist online abuse directed at some of his stars after the defeat to Italy as “unforgivable”.

And the Duke of Cambridge, who is president of the Football Association, said he was “sickened” by the abuse.

“It is totally unacceptable that players have to endure this abhorrent behaviour,” he wrote on Twitter.

“It must stop now and all those involved should be held accountable.”

Other arrests have also been made in other parts of the country after alleged online abuse following the final.

West Mercia Police said on Tuesday that a man, 50, had been detained on suspicion of inciting racial hatred after allegedly sending a bigoted tweet to Marcus Rashford.

And estate agents Savills confirmed it had suspended a worker who is also alleged to have tweeted a hateful message in a separate incident.



 Source link

Back to top button