Here’s a rundown of hires, exits, and promotions from the past week. Are we missing anyone? Let us know.
- Joanne Choi joined Lazard‘s asset management business to be a managing director and chief marketing officer, the firm announced Monday. Choi was previously head of global marketing for Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- JPMorgan‘s US wealth management business announced new hires and a promotion this week, Insider reported. It hired away Jessica Douieb from Goldman Sachs as head of wealth partners, a new role leading a unit at JPMorgan dedicated to serving elite clients. It also hired Mollie Colavita, a longtime Merrill Lynch executive, as head of practice management to replace Phil Sieg, who JPMorgan promoted to CEO of JPMorgan Advisors earlier this year. The bank is also promoting Kevin Hale to head of marketing for JPMorgan Advisors and Chase Wealth Management, two units of the bank’s wider US wealth arm.
- Tony DeLise is stepping down from his role as chief financial officer of electronic trading platform MarketAxess Holdings, Yahoo Finance reported Monday. DeLise will remain in his role until August 1 and will then be replaced by Christopher Gerosa, who is currently the head of accounting and finance.
- BNP Paribas on Monday appointed two leaders to its global markets platform:
- Ashley Wilson, previously a managing director in Deutsche Bank‘s global prime finance business, is joining the bank to be global head of prime services.
- John Gallo, who is currently co-head of global markets Americas at BNP, will now be global head of institution sales at the bank in addition to his existing role.
- JPMorgan hired Reinout Böttcher to be vice-chair for EMEA investment banking, Financial News reported Tuesday. Böttcher was previously head of global banking at UBS.
Angela Miller-May, the CIO of the $13 billion Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund, was named the chief investment officer of the Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund. She’ll be responsible for a $54 billion investment portfolio and a 16-person investment team.
- Credit Suisse investment banker Homan Milani has resigned from the bank to join Bank of America, Yahoo Finance reported Wednesday. Milani was based in San Francisco and was head of West Coast internet investment banking.
- Barclays promoted Jean-Francois “JF” Astier and John Miller to be co-heads of the firm’s investment-banking division, Bloomberg reported this week. Astier was formerly global head of capital markets and M&A, and Miller was global head of coverage banking, according to Bloomberg. They will report to Paul Compton, co-president of Barclays Bank Plc and global head of investment-banking.
- Moelis & Co. has hired Melissa Mariaschin, formerly of Barclays, to be a managing director in the firm’s capital solutions group, based in New York. She was previously an MD on the equity syndicate desk at Barclays and will start her new role in September.
- Moelis also announced the appointment of Frank Benevento as head of business development for the firm’s asset management division. Previously, Benevento was a managing director of business development at CrossHarbor Capital and spent time at other firms including First Eagle Credit, Pine River Capital Management, and CIBC.
- William Blair, the Chicago-based investment bank and wealth manager, announced that Brent Gledhill has been promoted to the rank of president of the firm. Previously, Gledhill, a 24-year veteran of the company, was global head of investment-banking since 2009.
- William Blair also announced that Matt Zimmer will succeed Brent Gledhill, the firm’s new president, in the role Gledhill is vacating. Zimmer, who joined the company in 2007, becomes global head of investment-banking, having formerly been a managing director and head of supply chain, commercial services, and technologies.
Wells Fargo named Meghan Hinds, a managing director and 15-year veteran of the bank, as the new leader of its restaurant financing team. She started at Wells in 2006 and covered debt capital markets for Wells Fargo Securities, before joining the restaurant financing group in 2009. Hinds is currently on maternity leave, but will start the new role in September.
Meredith Mazzilli, Reed Alexander, Aaron Weinman, Danielle Walker, and Anita Ramaswamy contributed to this report.