The Jacksonville Jaguars (0-0) and the Houston Texans (0-0) play in a Week 1 matchup between AFC South foes. The Texans ( moneyline odds to win) serve as host on September 12, 2021 at 1:00 PM ET on CBS against the Jaguars ( ). Sportsbooks have set a total of points for the matchup.
In this article we will explain what you need to know to place a bet on the game. That includes key metrics, injury updates, and weather conditions, while also updating you with the best odds available.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of June 17, 2021, 12:22 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Jaguars Vs. Texans Betting Odds
Jaguars Vs. Texans Player Props
Jaguars Vs. Texans Weather
There is currently no weather forecast for Houston on September 12 (as of 2:51 PM on July 15).
Jaguars Vs. Texans Injury Report
Jaguars Offense Vs. Texans Defense (2020)
|Jaguars Offense||Stats (Rank)||Texans Defense|
|19.1 (30)||Points/Gm||29 (27)|
|0.31 (27)||Points/Play||0.43 (25)|
|326.1 (28)||Yards/Gm||416.8 (30)|
|247.2 (19)||Pass Yards/Gm||270.3 (25)|
|94.9 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||160.3 (32)|
|5.2 (24)||Yards/Play||6.2 (29)|
|6.4 (27)||Yards/Pass||8 (29)|
|4.5 (11)||Yards/Rush||5.2 (32)|
|40.6% (18)||3rd Down %||47.5% (29)|
|60% (16)||Red Zone %||63.5% (22)|
|25 (25)||Turnovers||9 (32)|
|43 (24)||Sacks||33 (18)|
Texans Offense Vs. Jaguars Defense (2020)
|Texans Offense||Stats (Rank)||Jaguars Defense|
|24 (18)||Points/Gm||30.8 (31)|
|0.41 (12)||Points/Play||0.46 (29)|
|375.3 (13)||Yards/Gm||417.7 (31)|
|302.7 (2)||Pass Yards/Gm||270.1 (24)|
|91.6 (31)||Rush Yards/Gm||153.3 (30)|
|6.4 (1)||Yards/Play||6.3 (31)|
|8.9 (1)||Yards/Pass||8.1 (31)|
|4.3 (14)||Yards/Rush||4.7 (27)|
|43% (13)||3rd Down %||43.4% (21)|
|54% (25)||Red Zone %||63.5% (22)|
|18 (9)||Turnovers||17 (27)|
|50 (30)||Sacks||18 (31)|
When The Jaguars Have The Ball (2020)
- The Jaguars were 11th with 4.5 yards per carry last year, compared to the 5.2 per rush the Texans allowed (32nd in the NFL).
- Jacksonville was 18th in the NFL in third-down percentage last year (40.6%) and will be up against the 29th-ranked Houston defense in that category from a season ago (47.5%).
- The Jaguars’ offense was 25th-ranked in the league in terms of turnovers allowed last season (25), and are facing the 32nd-ranked team in turnovers forced, the Texans (9).
- Jacksonville’s pass protection resulted in 43 sacks allowed last season, ninth-most in the league. Houston’s defense totaled 33 (15th-fewest).
When The Texans Have The Ball (2020)
- The Texans were first in the NFL at 8.9 yards per pass attempt last season. The Jaguars allowed 8.1 yards per passing play (31st).
- Houston’s offense had a 6.4 yards-per-play average last year (first in the NFL) compared to the 6.3 yards Jacksonville gave up per play (31st in the league).
- The Jaguars’ defense allowed 270.1 yards through the air per game last year (24th in NFL). The Texans’ 302.7 passing yards per game was second in the league.
- Houston’s offense was ninth-ranked in the league last year in terms of turnovers allowed (18), and is facing the 27th-ranked team in turnovers forced from a season ago, Jacksonville (17).
Jaguars Betting Trends And Insights
- Jacksonville put together a 7-9-0 record against the spread last season.
- Jacksonville and its opponents combined to hit the over eight out of 16 times last season.
- Jacksonville’s games last season went over this contest’s total of 45.5 points 10 times.
- The Jaguars were listed as the moneyline favorite only one time last season, a game they lost.
Texans Betting Trends And Insights
- Houston went 6-10-0 ATS last year.
- Last season, eight of Houston’s games went over the point total.
- Houston played 13 games last season that went over 45.5 combined points scored.
- The Texans were underdogs in 10 games last season and won one (10%) of those contests.
Jaguars Players To Watch
- Gardner Minshew recorded 2,259 passing yards (141.2 yards per game) with a 66.1% completion percentage last year (216-of-327), while throwing 16 touchdowns and five interceptions.
- James Robinson ran for 1,070 yards on 240 carries (66.9 yards per game) while scoring seven touchdowns a season ago. He also averaged 21.5 receiving yards per game, grabbing 49 passes for 344 yards and three touchdowns.
- Last season Carlos Hyde ran for 356 yards on 81 carries (22.3 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Last season, Marvin Jones Jr. reeled in 76 passes (on 115 targets) for 978 yards (61.1 yards per game) while scoring nine touchdowns.
- D.J. Chark’s stat line last year showed 53 grabs for 706 yards and five touchdowns. He put up 44.1 receiving yards per game and was targeted 93 times.
- Laviska Shenault Jr. caught 58 passes on 79 targets for 600 yards and five touchdowns, averaging 37.5 yards per game last season.
- Last season, Dawuane Smoot racked up 5.5 sacks, 5.5 TFL.
- Joe Schobert picked off three passes while adding 10 TFL, 2.5 sacks, and four passes defended a season ago.
Texans Players To Watch
- Deshaun Watson threw for 4,823 yards while completing 70.2% of his passes (382-of-544), with 33 touchdowns and seven interceptions last year (301.4 yards per game). He also carried the ball 90 times for 444 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 27.8 yards per game.
- David Johnson took 147 carries for 691 rushing yards a season ago (53.2 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns. He also caught 33 passes for 314 yards (24.2 receiving yards per game) with two touchdowns through the air.
- Last year Phillip Lindsay ran for 502 yards on 118 carries (35.9 ypg), with one rushing touchdown.
- Last season Brandin Cooks was targeted 119 times and had 81 catches for 1,150 yards (71.9 ypg) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Chris Conley also contributed with 471 yards on 40 catches and two touchdowns. He was targeted 63 times and put up 29.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- Last season Randall Cobb caught 38 passes on 48 targets for 441 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 44.1 receiving yards per game.
- DeMarcus Walker put together a strong stat line a year ago, registering 4.5 sacks, 4.5 TFL.
- Christian Kirksey intercepted two passes and tacked on three TFL, two sacks, and four passes defended last season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from