NFC South rivals square off in Week 2 when the Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1-0) hit the field against the Atlanta Falcons (0-1). The Buccaneers ( ) and the Falcons ( to win on the moneyline) take to the field on September 19, 2021 at 4:05 PM ET on FOX. An over/under of points has been set for the matchup by sportsbooks.
In this article we break down everything you need to know before making a bet on the game, including key metrics, weather, injuries, and the best available odds.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of September 14, 2021, 6:19 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Betting Odds
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Player Props
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Weather
As of 6:19 PM on September 14, there is no weather report for Tampa on September 19.
Buccaneers Vs. Falcons Injury Report
Tampa Bay Injuries
Buccaneers Offense Vs. Falcons Defense (2020)
|Buccaneers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Falcons Defense|
|30.8 (3)||Points/Gm||25.9 (19)|
|0.48 (2)||Points/Play||0.40 (20)|
|384.1 (7)||Yards/Gm||398.5 (29)|
|298.5 (4)||Pass Yards/Gm||307.4 (32)|
|94.9 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||104.9 (6)|
|6.0 (7)||Yards/Play||6.2 (29)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.9 (27)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||4.4 (14)|
|43.5% (11)||3rd Down %||41.0% (17)|
|68.9% (7)||Red Zone %||64.3% (25)|
|17 (7)||Turnovers||21 (18)|
|22 (4)||Sacks||29 (23)|
Falcons Offense Vs. Buccaneers Defense (2020)
|Falcons Offense||Stats (Rank)||Buccaneers Defense|
|24.8 (16)||Points/Gm||22.2 (8)|
|0.37 (18)||Points/Play||0.35 (9)|
|368.4 (18)||Yards/Gm||327.1 (6)|
|288.8 (5)||Pass Yards/Gm||269.4 (23)|
|95.8 (27)||Rush Yards/Gm||80.6 (1)|
|5.5 (18)||Yards/Play||5.1 (6)|
|7.4 (15)||Yards/Pass||7.0 (11)|
|3.7 (31)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (1)|
|43.9% (10)||3rd Down %||40.0% (14)|
|53.4% (26)||Red Zone %||62.7% (20)|
|18 (9)||Turnovers||25 (5)|
|41 (22)||Sacks||48 (4)|
When The Buccaneers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Buccaneers averaged 298.5 passing yards per game last season, fourth in the NFL. They’ll face a Falcons pass defense that struggled, giving up 307.4 per game and ranked 32nd.
- Tampa Bay’s offense averaged 6.0 yards per play last year (seventh in the league). Atlanta’s defense allowed 6.2 (29th).
- The Buccaneers’ 94.9 rushing yards per game was good for 28th in the NFL last season. The Falcons’ defense allowed 104.9 on the ground (sixth in league).
- Tampa Bay had the seventh-ranked offense in the NFL in yards per game a season ago (384.1). They take on an Atlanta defense that ranked 29th last year, giving up 398.5 yards per game.
When The Falcons Have The Ball (2020)
- The Falcons averaged 3.7 yards per carry last season (31st in the league) compared to the 3.6 per attempt the Buccaneers allowed (first).
- Tampa Bay allowed 80.6 rushing yards per game last year (first in the NFL). Atlanta’s running game ranked 27th in the league (95.8).
- The Falcons’ pass protection resulted in 41 sacks conceded last year, 11th-most in the league. The Buccaneers’ defense totaled 48 (fourth-most).
- Atlanta had one of the league’s best passing offenses last season, a fifth-ranked unit that picked up 288.8 yards per game. It will be up against the No. 23 defense in that category from a year ago, owned by Tampa Bay (269.4).
Buccaneers Betting Trends And Insights
- Tampa Bay went 9-7-0 ATS last season.
- The Buccaneers covered the spread once last season (1-1 ATS) when playing as at least 12-point favorites.
- Tampa Bay and its opponents combined to hit the over nine out of 16 times last season.
- In nine of 20 games last season, Tampa Bay and its opponents went over 52 points.
- The Buccaneers put together a 10-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
Falcons Betting Trends And Insights
- Atlanta compiled a 7-9-0 ATS record last year.
- Atlanta’s games hit the over seven out of 16 times last season.
- Atlanta played seven games last season that went over 52 combined points scored.
- Last season, the Falcons won three out of the 11 games, or 27.3%, in which they were the underdog.
Buccaneers Players To Watch
- Tom Brady threw for 4,633 yards last season (289.6 yards per game) while completing 65.7% of his passes (401-of-610), with 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- A season ago, Ronald Jones II picked up 978 rushing yards (61.1 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Giovani Bernard totaled 416 rushing yards on 124 carries (26.0 yards per game), with three touchdowns on the ground, last year. He also caught 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 per game) and three touchdowns.
- Mike Evans reeled in 70 passes for 1,006 yards last season and scored 13 touchdowns. He was targeted 109 times and averaged 62.9 yards per game.
- Chris Godwin also tacked on 65 catches for 840 yards and seven touchdowns last year. He was targeted 84 times and averaged 52.5 receiving yards per game.
- Last year Rob Gronkowski caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 receiving yards per game.
- Jason Pierre-Paul put together an impressive stat line of 9.5 sacks, 11.5 TFL, 76 tackles, and two interceptions last year.
- Devin White collected 183 tackles, 18.0 TFL, and 9.0 sacks over his last campaign.
- Last season, Carlton Davis hauled in four interceptions and added 84 tackles, 3.5 TFL, and 18 passes defended.
Falcons Players To Watch
- Matt Ryan threw for 4,581 yards while completing 65% of his passes (407-of-626), with 26 touchdowns and 11 interceptions last year (286.3 yards per game).
- Wayne Gallman took 147 attempts for 682 rushing yards a season ago (42.6 yards per game) while scoring six touchdowns.
- Last season Mike Davis rushed for 642 yards on 165 carries (40.1 ypg), with six rushing touchdowns. Davis also helped out in the passing game, catching 59 passes for 373 (23.3 ypg) and two touchdowns.
- Last season Calvin Ridley was targeted 143 times and had 90 catches for 1,374 yards (85.9 ypg) with nine touchdowns.
- Russell Gage’s stat line last year showed 72 grabs for 786 yards and four touchdowns. He averaged 49.1 receiving yards per game and was targeted 110 times.
- Last season Hayden Hurst caught 56 passes on 88 targets for 571 yards and six touchdowns, averaging 35.7 receiving yards per game.
- Last season Deion Jones registered 4.5 sacks, 11.0 TFL, 139 tackles, and two interceptions.
- Over his 2020 campaign, Foyesade Oluokun collected 156 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3.0 sacks, and two interceptions.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from