The Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0-0) and the Dallas Cowboys (0-0) hit the field in Week 1. The Cowboys, on the moneyline to win, and the Buccaneers, listed at on the spread, kick things off on September 9, 2021 at 8:20 PM ET on NBC. The game’s total is currently set at .
Before you place a bet on this game, read this article for the best available odds and everything else you need to know about the matchup — from key metrics and player stats to injuries, weather, and more.
The betting insights in this article reflect betting data from DraftKings as of June 17, 2021, 12:21 PM ET. See table below for current betting odds and CLICK HERE to bet at DraftKings Sportsbook.
Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys Betting Odds
Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys Player Props
Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys Weather
As of 2:51 PM on July 15, there is no weather forecast for Tampa on September 9.
Buccaneers Vs. Cowboys Injury Report
Tampa Bay Injuries
Buccaneers Offense Vs. Cowboys Defense (2020)
|Buccaneers Offense||Stats (Rank)||Cowboys Defense|
|30.8 (3)||Points/Gm||29.6 (28)|
|0.48 (2)||Points/Play||0.45 (28)|
|384.1 (7)||Yards/Gm||386.4 (23)|
|298.5 (4)||Pass Yards/Gm||238.8 (10)|
|94.9 (28)||Rush Yards/Gm||158.8 (31)|
|6 (7)||Yards/Play||5.9 (23)|
|7.6 (8)||Yards/Pass||7.4 (22)|
|4.1 (24)||Yards/Rush||5 (30)|
|43.5% (11)||3rd Down %||46.9% (26)|
|68.9% (7)||Red Zone %||61.8% (16)|
|17 (7)||Turnovers||23 (7)|
|22 (4)||Sacks||31 (20)|
Cowboys Offense Vs. Buccaneers Defense (2020)
|Cowboys Offense||Stats (Rank)||Buccaneers Defense|
|24.7 (17)||Points/Gm||22.2 (8)|
|0.35 (21)||Points/Play||0.35 (9)|
|371.8 (14)||Yards/Gm||327.1 (6)|
|281.9 (7)||Pass Yards/Gm||269.4 (23)|
|111.8 (17)||Rush Yards/Gm||80.6 (1)|
|5.3 (21)||Yards/Play||5.1 (6)|
|7.1 (19)||Yards/Pass||7 (11)|
|4.2 (19)||Yards/Rush||3.6 (1)|
|40.5% (19)||3rd Down %||40% (14)|
|50% (29)||Red Zone %||62.7% (20)|
|26 (27)||Turnovers||25 (5)|
|44 (26)||Sacks||48 (4)|
When The Buccaneers Have The Ball (2020)
- The Buccaneers had the second-ranked offense in the NFL in terms of points per play (0.48) last season, and will be facing the 28th-ranked defense in that category, owned by the Cowboys (0.45).
- Tampa Bay’s third-ranked scoring offense averaged 30.8 points per game last season. Dallas had the 28th-ranked scoring defense (29.6 ppg).
- The Buccaneers were No. 4 in the league in sacks conceded last season (22), facing the pass rush ranked 20th, the Cowboys’ (31).
- Tampa Bay had the No. 7 offense in the NFL in terms of yards per play last year (six), and will be take on last season’s No. 23 defense in that category (Dallas allowed 5.9 per play).
When The Cowboys Have The Ball (2020)
- The Cowboys conceded 44 sacks last year (seventh-most in league), and the Buccaneers’ defense had the fourth-most with 48.
- Dallas had the NFL’s 27th-ranked offense in terms of committing turnovers a season ago (26), and are facing the fifth-ranked team in turnovers forced from last year, Tampa Bay (25).
- The Cowboys averaged 4.2 yards per carry last season (19th in league) compared to the 3.6 per rushing attempt the Buccaneers allowed (first).
- Dallas had the 17th-ranked rushing offense in the NFL a year ago (111.8 yards per game). It takes on Tampa Bay’s first-ranked rushing defense from last season, which gave up 80.6 on the ground.
Buccaneers Betting Trends And Insights
- Tampa Bay won nine games against the spread last season, while failing to cover seven times.
- A total of nine of Tampa Bay’s games last season went over the point total.
- Tampa Bay’s 16 games last season went over this contest’s total of 52.5 points nine times.
- The Buccaneers finished with a 10-3 record in games they were listed as the moneyline favorite last season (winning 76.9% of those games).
Cowboys Betting Trends And Insights
- Dallas put together a 5-11-0 record against the spread last season.
- Last year, nine of Dallas’ games went over the point total.
- Dallas played eight games last season that had more than 52.5 combined points scored.
- The Cowboys were underdogs eight times last season and won twice.
Buccaneers Players To Watch
- Last year, Tom Brady collected 4,633 passing yards (289.6 yards per game) while going 401-for-610 (65.7% completion percentage) and throwing 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions.
- A season ago, Ronald Jones II churned out 978 rushing yards (61.1 yards per game) and scored seven touchdowns.
- Last season Giovani Bernard rushed for 416 yards on 124 carries (26 ypg), with three rushing touchdowns. Bernard also helped out in the passing game, catching 47 passes for 355 yards (22.2 ypg) and three touchdowns.
- Last season, Mike Evans grabbed 70 passes (on 109 targets) for 1,006 yards (62.9 yards per game) with 13 touchdowns.
- Chris Godwin’s stat line last year showed 65 catches for 840 yards and seven touchdowns. He put up 52.5 receiving yards per game and was targeted 84 times.
- Last year Rob Gronkowski caught 45 passes on 77 targets for 623 yards and seven touchdowns, averaging 38.9 receiving yards per game.
- Last season, Jason Pierre-Paul put up 9.5 sacks, 11.5 TFL and two interceptions.
- Carlton Davis picked off four passes while adding 3.5 TFL and 18 passes defended a season ago.
Cowboys Players To Watch
- Dak Prescott threw for 1,856 yards while completing 68% of his passes (151-of-222), with nine touchdowns and four interceptions last year (371.2 yards per game). He also carried the ball 18 times for 93 yards and three touchdowns, averaging 18.6 yards per game.
- A season ago, Ezekiel Elliott picked up 979 rushing yards (61.2 yards per game) and scored six touchdowns. He added 52 catches for 338 yards (21.1 receiving yards per game) with two receiving touchdowns.
- Last year Tony Pollard ran for 435 yards on 101 carries (27.2 ypg), with four rushing touchdowns.
- Last season Amari Cooper grabbed 92 passes (on 130 targets) for 1,114 yards (69.6 yards per game) with five touchdowns.
- CeeDee Lamb added 935 yards on 74 catches and five touchdowns. He was targeted 111 times and averaged 58.4 receiving yards per game last year.
- Michael Gallup racked up 843 yards on 59 catches with five touchdowns in 2020, averaging 52.7 yards per game (on 105 targets).
- Demarcus Lawrence had an impressive stat line a year ago, registering 6.5 sacks, 15 TFL.
- Trevon Diggs intercepted three passes and tacked on one TFL, one sack, and 14 passes defended last season.
Powered By Data Skrive using data from