- To cancel Spotify Premium, you must do it on the Spotify website in a mobile or desktop web browser.
- You can’t cancel your Spotify Premium subscription through the mobile app or desktop app.
- If you subscribed to Spotify with your Apple ID, you can cancel your subscription from your iPhone or iPad’s Settings.
- Visit Insider’s Tech Reference library for more stories.
If you’re a Spotify Premium subscriber, there may come a time when you want to cancel your subscription, whether you’ve opted for another service, you no longer use it enough to justify the cost, or you simply can’t afford the $9.99 per month fee.
Whatever your reason, canceling Spotify Premium is a straightforward process that should take no more than a few minutes. However, you will not be able to cancel through the Spotify desktop or mobile app.
Here’s how to cancel your Spotify Premium subscription from the Spotify website on any web browser, or through your Apple ID subscriptions.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on a web browser
You can’t cancel Spotify Premium on the mobile or desktop app — only on the Spotify website.
1. Go to the Spotify website on your iPhone, Android phone, or computer.
2. Log in to your account. On a mobile web browser, tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select Log In. On a desktop web browser, click Log In in the top-right corner of the page.
3. Once logged in, go to your Account page. On mobile, tap the icon of three horizontal lines in the top-right corner and select Account in the drop-down menu. On desktop, click Profile in the top-right corner and select Account in the drop-down.
4. Scroll down to the Your plan section and tap or click Change Plan.
5. On the next page, scroll down to the Spotify Free section and tap or click Cancel Premium.
6. The next page will tell you what you’ll lose if you cancel your Premium subscription. At the bottom, click Continue to cancel. Then click Continue to cancel again on the next page.
7. Then click Yes, cancel to confirm your cancellation. You will then be reverted to a Spotify Free account.
How to cancel Spotify Premium on your iPhone via Apple ID settings
If you originally subscribed via the Apple App Store, you can also cancel your Spotify Premium subscription through your iPhone’s Apple ID settings.
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
2. Tap your name and Apple ID at the top of the Settings homepage.
3. On your Apple ID page, tap Subscriptions.
4. In your list of subscriptions, find and select Spotify.
5. Then select Cancel Subscription on the Spotify page.
Note that you can restart your Spotify Premium subscription at any time.
Chrissy Montelli contributed to a previous version of this article.